Hi everyone,

I would like to propose StormCrawler [1] as a new Apache Incubator project,
and you can examine the proposal [2] for more details.

StormCrawler is a collection of resources for building low-latency,
customisable and scalable web crawlers on Apache Storm.

Proposal

The aim of StormCrawler is to help build web crawlers that are:

* scalable
* resilient
* low latency
* easy to extend
* polite yet efficient

StormCrawler achieves this partly with Apache Storm, which it is based
on. To use an analogy, Apache Storm is to StormCrawler what Apache
Hadoop is to Apache Nutch.

StormCrawler is mature (26 releases to date) and is used by many
organisations world-wide.

Initial Committers

Julien Nioche [jnio...@apache.org https://github.com/jnioche]
Sebastian Nagel [sna...@apache.org https://github.com/sebastian-nagel]
Richard Zowalla [r...@apache.org  https://github.com/rzo1]
Tim Allison [talli...@apache.org https://github.com/tballison]
Michael Dinzinger [michael.dinzin...@uni-passau.de
https://github.com/michaeldinzinger]

Most of the existing StormCrawler contributors are existing ASF
committers and are looking to build a vibrant community following the
Apache Way.

I will help this project as the champion and mentor. We would welcome
additional mentors, if anyone has an interest in helping.

We are looking forward to your questions and feedback.

Thanks,
PJ

[1] https://github.com/DigitalPebble/storm-crawler
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/StormCrawler+Proposal