I've been having the same problems.

I was unable to bootstrap my machine until I masked >=coreutils-7.0.

Aaron

On Apr 6, 2009, at 5:23 PM, Steven Parkes wrote:

Yea, there have been conflicting reports of coreutils status. For
example, http://bugs.gentoo.org/264007 - but other people can't
reproduce it.

Hmmm not sure why people can't reproduce, unless it's a new bug in Darwin, because it's definitely a bug in Darwin. I added the details to the ticket.

I don't know the approach to patching such things. Does prefix maintain patches for OS bug workarounds? I know there are patches. Including this kind of thing?

There are a few possible ways to work around the bug. I put the details in the ticket. Happy to contribute the code ...