Hi List

bsaelayout-2.0.0_alpha2 will ship without any volume support for things
like LVM, RAID, etc. We only ship the hooks right now, but we won't
ship those any more as we can't seem it get it right.

If you care about such things, then you need to pester the maintainer
of said package to write an init script for it that has the following
dependency

depend() {
   before checkroot
}

Any other dependencies should be done by the USER
in /etc/conf.d/foo like so

RC_NEED="bar"

Which shows that foo needs bar. Or rather dm-crypt needs lvm or some
such. Of couse, same USER can add RC_NEED="lvm"
to /etc/conf.d/localmount or any other service too.

This is kind of required so that /dev managers don't have to use nasty
hacks either.

Thanks

Roy