Le mardi 04 novembre 2008 à 12:11 -0500, Doug Goldstein a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> A few ebuilds treat things differently with regard to this situation
> and
> it really needs to get rectified.
[snip]
> Maybe we should clean the whole thing up and do like net-misc/ntp does
> it. Thoughts?

since I'm lazy:

18:28 < EvaSDK> Cardoe: about zeroconf/avahi thing, avahi shouldn't have
                ever existed indeed
18:28 < EvaSDK> the thing is that some apps could use both avahi and
                howl but had different ways to enable them so one
                thought it would be smart to create avahi use flag,
                and it spread all over the tree while zeroconf was the
                right one to use
18:29 < Cardoe> EvaSDK: comment on the ML threads

in fact some even had the mdnsresponder/howl/avahi USE flags at the same
time iirc. A cleanup would indeed be a good idea imho.