On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 08:01:28AM +0100, z...@gentoo.org wrote:
> Am 26.02.24 um 07:31 schrieb Robin H. Johnson:
> > Allow checking any runtime path for installing ever-larger packages.
> >
> > CHECKREQS_DISK_RUNTIME=( /boot:40M /:350M /opt:500M )
>
> In the example case: Shouldn't the eclass check for 850M on / if /opt is
> not a separate partition?
> I am not sure how often it really happens that multiple large
> requirements for different folders exist.
I just summed up the 2 example packages here.

I do see your concern about the filesystem/mountpoint layout.

If it's a single /: that needs 850M
If it's split / and /opt: then it's the listed space in each location.

Correctly processing this would require converting each of the listed
check locations to their common mounts, summing the needs, and then
validating.

This should be possible with "stat --printf=%m" to resolve any directory
into it's mountpoint.

I'll see if it can be done trivially enough for the eclass.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation President & Treasurer