On Sonntag, 23. April 2017 07:56:05 CEST J. Roeleveld wrote:
> Ok. /etc/portage/package.use.unmask doesn't work.

First, there is no package.use.unmask (although I'll grant that that would be
the intuitive name for such a file).  There is only package.use.mask and
package.use.stable.mask, which can reside in the portage tree and in /etc/
portage/profile/.  portage(5) has this to say (see especially the second
example):

package.use.mask and package.use.stable.mask
                     Per-package USE flag masks.

                     Note: In a cascading profile setup, you can remove USE
flags in children profiles which were added by parent profiles by prefixing
the flag with a '-'.

                     Format:
                     - comments begin with # (no inline comments)
                     - one DEPEND atom per line with space-delimited USE flags

                     Example:
                     # mask docs for GTK 2.x
                     =x11-libs/gtk+-2* doc
                     # unmask mysql support for QT
                     x11-libs/qt -mysql

In this particular case, both files can be used, it seems (I'm not sure what
the "stable" refers to in this case, it's probably explained on the Gentoo
wiki somewhere or in the developer documentation).

HTH
--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup