On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Kai Krakow <hurikha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> $ zgrep -i logo /proc/config.gz
>> CONFIG_LOGO=y
>> # CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_MONO is not set
>> # CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_VGA16 is not set
>> CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_CLUT224=y
>> $
>
> Use
>
> # vimdiff oldlinux/.config newlinux/.config

Done that. There are only a few differences and none seems relevant.

> I think there were changes to the framebuffer devices. You may need to
> switch to a different one.

I use the Intel integrated graphics, I didn't do anything special
about framebuffer. The current one works smoothly regarding KMS and
I'm happy with it (I do use VTs).

$ cat /proc/fb
0 inteldrmfb

I suppose it's goodbye to Tux, for now. I was hoping someone else
would be using the same kernel...

Thanks

Jorge