On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> In case anyone else trips over this, as I did today in my routine update,
> see https://bugs.gentoo.org/634706. I followed comment 2.
>
> The symptom is that sddm cannot start KDE, so you have to log in and startx.

The bug is a bit noisy, but it isn't clear to me what is actually
wrong with /lib/gentoo/functions.sh.  I do see that there is a
dependency on gentoo-functions which should install it, though it is
odd that it is only pulled in for USE=-systemd.  Perhaps they need to
use an openrc-specific functions.sh.  One of the issues is that
historically this file was packaged by openrc but wasn't entirely
openrc-specific, so we're trying to split out the stuff that applies
no matter what service manager you use from the stuff that actually is
related to openrc.

--
Rich