Am Sun, Jul 02, 2023 at 11:51:52AM -0500 schrieb Dale:
> Howdy,
>
> Just a heads up.  I almost missed this in all the other normal messages
> emerge spits out.  I think this was because of a glibc update.  Anyway,
> if you update your system, look for a message about restarting the init
> process to avoid problems.  Rebooting is one way to do this of course
> BUT if you can't or like me, don't like, to reboot, you can login as
> root and run this:  telinit u   Note, there is no dash in front of the
> u.  It doesn't work with a dash there either.  To make sure all
> processes restarted, I went to boot runlevel, then single and then
> reversed that to get back to default runlevel.

Out of curiosity: going to boot and single runlevel requires you to log out
and basically close all running programs anyway, right? So why not simply
reboot then (unless you have something lying around in ramdisks)? Do you not
like the uptime resetting? :D

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

If your laundry just wouldn’t become white,
may be that’s because it is coloured.