On 17/09/2023 19:35, Peter Böhm wrote:
Am Sonntag, 17. September 2023, 19:46:05 CEST schrieb Wols Lists:

It always annoys me, but baloo seems to be being an absolute nightmare
at the moment.

I tried to kill it and it appears to have just restarted. Is there a use
flag I can use to just get rid of it completely?

Do you mean use-flag "semantic-desktop" ?

(I have disabled it in my make.conf)

I guess I do. I've just disabled indexing as per Mark, and it's reduced my load average from 12 "just like that". It's just an absolute pain in the arse given that about the only KDE app I actually use is Konqueror.

But yes, I'll set -semantic-desktop in make.conf.

Why does all this crap default to "I'll waste as much of your computer time as I can, and I won't tell you what I'm doing, or how to benefit from it"?

In turning off indexing, I notice there's also plasma search. But I haven't got a clue what all those widgets do. So I click on the "info" button and I just get the description AGAIN. What's the point of all this crap, if they can't be arsed to tell you what it DOES!?!?

Cheers,
Wol