On 03/04/2024 19:53, Jack wrote:
Are you certain it hasn't started on some TTY other than 8?  I always start out on TTY1, although I start up text only, no SDDM. However, I do have a very vague memory of something similar, and I believe it was that I needed to change one of the kernel FB related settings.  Sorry not be have more concrete suggestions.

My system isn't configured to switch ttys on - that's something I need to investigate and enable. So sddm always starts on 2, with 1 being the console output. When I switch user, it switches to 1 and starts the new user there.

sddm will always start on the first available number, which with no ttys is why it's 2 on my system.

Cheers,
Wol