I suspect I caused a bit of confusion, perhaps I should have altered the subject to reflect the trangression from the original question.

Don's response mentioned using the series pid and recursive option to follow a series, as I've a simple search for "click" it could be prone to picking up anything with click in the title so was interested in switching my pvr configs over. I also had "the repair shop" in my pvr and discovered the fixing britain series due to it matching, this was probably a good thing as they were also interesting to watch even if a lot of the content was the same it added some general history but that's going off topic ;)

Steve

On 26/04/2021 17:50, George Eycott wrote:
Ah fair enough, I was just a bit thrown as to why you would need/want to
exclude a load of channels when you have specified a PID, but it sounds like
they are probably the defaults for your web PVR and get_iplayer has copied
them to the pvr file.

-----Original Message-----
From: get_iplayer <get_iplayer-boun...@lists.infradead.org> On Behalf Of
Don Grunbaum
Sent: 26 April 2021 17:00
To: get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: Why no Formula E?

I'm not sure that you've followed the thread fully, George.

Your search will pick up "The Repair Shop" programmes in the cache, no
problem. The original question (from Steve Wilson) is about picking up
programmes that are not in the cache, but available on iPlayer, such as
"box
sets" and those broadcast through the "red button" or the iPlayer itself,
like
the Formula E races.

Admittedly in my example only two or three of the lines are essential -
pid,
pidrecursive, and output (if you don't want all downloads going to the
same
folder).

The others are put there by the "web interface" as they are my default
options.

I hope that's clear.

Don