Hi all,

On 09/08/2021 16:31, Brandon Allbery wrote:
We haven't figured out what they did, but the other day we had someone in #haskell with an infinite loop evaluating a dictionary. So apparently it is possible for a dictionary to be bottom somehow.

I managed to do something like this once: I was using type level natural numbers to parameterize my type, and through carelessness my dictionary for `T n` depended on the dictionary for `T (Succ n)`.  My heap profile was a triangular wedge with space taken up by dictionaries growing linearly without bound.

Claude

--

https://mathr.co.uk