On 07/04/2014 04:28 PM, Raghavendra Gowdappa wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pranith Kumar Karampuri" <pkara...@redhat.com>
To: "Gluster Devel" <gluster-devel@gluster.org>, "Anand Avati" <av...@gluster.org>,
"Brian Foster"
<bfos...@redhat.com>, "Raghavendra Gowdappa" <rgowd...@redhat.com>, "Raghavendra
Bhat" <rab...@redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, July 4, 2014 3:44:29 PM
Subject: regarding inode_link/unlink

hi,
       I have a doubt about when a particular dentry_unset thus
inode_unref on parent dir happens on fuse-bridge in gluster.
When a file is looked up for the first time fuse_entry_cbk does
'inode_link' with parent-gfid/bname. Whenever an unlink/rmdir/(lookup
gives ENOENT) happens then corresponding inode unlink happens. The
question is, will the present set of operations lead to leaks:
1) Mount 'M0' creates a file 'a'
2) Mount 'M1' of same volume deletes file 'a'

M0 never touches 'a' anymore. When will inode_unlink happen for such
cases? Will it lead to memory leaks?
Kernel will eventually send forget (a) on M0 and that will cleanup the dentries
and inode. Its equivalent to a file being looked up and never used again
(deleting doesn't matter in this case).
Do you know the trigger points for that? When I do 'touch a' on the mount point and leave the system like that, forget is not coming.
If I do unlink on the file then forget is coming.

Pranith

Pranith