hi,
I work on glusterfs and was debugging a memory leak. Need your help in figuring out if something is done properly or not. When a file is looked up for the first time in gluster through fuse, gluster remembers the parent-inode, basename for that inode. Whenever an unlink/rmdir/(lookup gives ENOENT) happens then corresponding forgetting of parent-inode, basename happens. In all other cases it relies on fuse to send forget of an inode to release these associations. I was wondering what are the trigger points for sending forgets by fuse.

Lets say M0, M1 are fuse mounts of same volume.
1) Mount 'M0' creates a file 'a'
2) Mount 'M1' of deletes file 'a'

M0 never touches 'a' anymore. Will a forget be sent on inode of 'a'? If yes when?

Pranith