On 07/06/2014 07:58 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:

On 07/06/2014 02:53 AM, Benjamin Turner wrote:
Hi all. I have been running FS sanity on daily builds(glusterfs mounts only at this point) for a few days for a few days and I have been hitting a couple of problems:

================ final pass/fail report =================
    Test Date: Sat Jul  5 01:53:00 EDT 2014
    Total : [44]
    Passed: [41]
    Failed: [3]
    Abort : [0]
    Crash : [0]
    [   PASS   ]      FS Sanity Setup
    [   PASS   ]      Running tests.
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - arequal
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - arequal
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - bonnie
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - glusterfs_build
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - glusterfs_build
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - compile_kernel
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - compile_kernel
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - dbench
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - dbench
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - dd
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - dd
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - ffsb
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - ffsb
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - fileop
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - fileop
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - fsx
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - fsx
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - fs_mark
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - iozone
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - iozone
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - locks
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - locks
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - ltp
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - ltp
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - multiple_files
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - multiple_files
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - posix_compliance
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - posix_compliance
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - postmark
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - postmark
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - read_large
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - read_large
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - rpc
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - rpc
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - syscallbench
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - syscallbench
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY TEST - tiobench
    [   PASS   ]      FS SANITY LOG SCAN - tiobench
    [   PASS   ]      FS Sanity Cleanup

    [   FAIL   ]      FS SANITY TEST - bonnie
    [   FAIL   ]      FS SANITY TEST - fs_mark
    [   FAIL   ]
/rhs-tests/beaker/rhs/auto-tests/components/sanity/fs-sanity-tests-v2
Bonnie++ is just very slow(running for 10+ hours on 1 16 GB file) and FS mark
has been failing.  The bonnie slowness is in re read, here is the best
explanation I can find on it:
https://blogs.oracle.com/roch/entry/decoding_bonnie
*Rewriting...done*

This gets a little interesting. It actually reads 8K, lseek back to the start
of the block, overwrites the 8K with new data and loops. (see article for
more.).

On FS mark I am seeing:
#  fs_mark  -d  .  -D  4  -t  4  -S  5
#       Version 3.3, 4 thread(s) starting at Sat Jul  5 00:54:00 2014
#       Sync method: POST: Reopen and fsync() each file in order after main
write loop.
#       Directories:  Time based hash between directories across 4
subdirectories with 180 seconds per subdirectory.
#       File names: 40 bytes long, (16 initial bytes of time stamp with 24
random bytes at end of name)
#       Files info: size 51200 bytes, written with an IO size of 16384 bytes
per write
#       App overhead is time in microseconds spent in the test not doing file
writing related system calls.

FSUse%        Count         Size    Files/sec     App Overhead
Error in unlink of ./00/53b784e8~~~~~~~~SKZ0QS9BO7O2EG1DIFQLRDYY : No such file
or directory
fopen failed to open: fs_log.txt.26676
fs-mark pass # 5 failed
I am working on reporting so look for a daily status report email from my
jenkins server soon.  How do we want to handle failures like this moving
forward?  Should I just open a BZ after I triage?  Do you guys do a new BZ for
every failure in the normal regressions tests?
Yes bz would be great with all the logs. For spurious regressions at least I just opened one bz and fixed all the bugs reported by Justin against that one.
Ben,
   Did you get a chance to raise the bug?

Pranith

Pranith