On 07/15/2014 07:22 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 08:45:45AM -0400, Jeff Darcy wrote:
        Please respond if you guys volunteer to add documentation for any
of the following things that are not already taken.
I think the most important thing to describe for each of these is the
"life cycle" rules.  When I've tried to teach people about translators,
one of the biggest stumbling blocks has been the question of what gets
freed after the fop, what gets freed after the callback, and what lives
on even longer.  There are different rules for dict_t, loc_t, inode_t,
etc.  Dict_set_*str is one of the worst offenders; even after all this
time, I have to go back and re-check which variants do what when the
dict itself is freed.  If the only thing that comes out of this effort
is greater clarity regarding what should be freed when, it will be
worth it.

client_t - pranith
integration with statedump - pranith
mempool - Pranith

event-hostory + circ-buff - Raghavendra Bhat
inode - Raghavendra Bhat

call-stub
fd
iobuf
graph
xlator
option-framework
rbthash
runner-framework
stack/frame
strfd
timer
store
gid-cache(source is heavily documented)
dict
event-poll
My "Translator" 101 series already covers xlators and call frames,
so I might as well continue with those.
Can you make these available in MarkDown format somewhere under the
docs/ directory?
Oops sorry. That is what we are going to do. Send patches :-).

Pranith.

Thanks,
Niels