On 09/14/2014 10:41 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
'Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkara...@redhat.com> wrote:

I can do that.
That will teach me about that anonymous fd. Reading the code it seems
afr-self-heald.c code does opendir and use the fd for readdir syncop,
which suggest underlying xlator will use the same DIR *, but logging in
index.c I can see it calls opendir/closedir on each readdir.

Do we know the answer to Avati's question about how
readdir works for nfs handles?
Not yet. I asked in the relevant mailing list and I still await for a
reply. I suspect we hit a dark area within a grey area :-)
If we hit a dead-end there we should make this change in self-heald.c Keep us posted.

Pranith.