On 10/08/2014 02:15 PM, justgluste...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all:
    I do the  following test:
I create a glusterfs replica volume (replica count is 2 ) with two server node(server A and server B),use XFS as the underlying filesystem, then mount the volume in client node, then, I shut down the network of server A node, in client node, I copy a dir(which has a lot of small files), the dir size is *2.9GByte,* when copy finish, I unmount the volume from the client, then I start the network of server A node, now, glusterfs self-heal-daemon start heal dir from server B to server A, in the end, I find the self-heal-daemon heal the dir *use 40 m**inutes, * *It's too slow! why?*
   I find out   related options  with  self-heal, as  follow:
Sorry for the delay in response. It is better to enable profile on the volume and find what is happening. Just before restoring the network connection, enable profiling using 'gluster volume profile <volname> start' Let the healing complete. Give the output of 'gluster volume profile <volname> info' output. We can check that to figure out what is happening.

Pranith
*cluster.self-heal-window-size*
*cluster.self-heal-readdir-size*
*cluster.background-self-heal-count*
*
*
**
*  then  I  config :*
*cluster.self-heal-window-size  is  1024(max value)*
*cluster.self-heal-readdir-size   is  131072(max  value)*
**
* and then do the same test case, find this times heal the dir use 35 minutes, **The effective is not obvious, *
*
*
*
*
* I want to ask, If there are better ways to improve replica volume self heal lots of small file performance??*
  thanks!