On 11/04/2014 03:30 PM, Anders Blomdell wrote:
On 2014-11-04 10:38, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Hi

FWIW, there are still memory leaks in glusterfs 3.6.0. My favourite test is
building NetBSD on a replicated volume, and it fails because the machine
runs out of swap.

After building for 14 hours and now idle, client gusterfsd grew to
2024 MB, one server glusterfsd grew to 1164 MB, the other one to 1290 MB
Don't you mean glusterfs (the fuse client?). At least I have the same issues
with glusterfs on fedora20, it looks like the client gains some fat as files
and/or directories are added. Any info on how to debug memory issues on the
client side (valgrind goes belly-up with tests of reasonable size). For instance
is there any way to turn off internal memory pools (if there are any), in order
to closely follow memory allocations with a suitable LD_PRELOAD malloc/free/...
wrapper?
compiling with -DDEBUG disables that. Try './configure --enable-debug'

Pranith

/Anders