On 03/30/2015 06:01 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 05:44:23PM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
Problem here is that ' inode_forget' is coming even before it gets to
inspect the file. We initially thought we should 'ref' the inode when the
user specifies the choice and 'unref' it at the time of 'finalize' or
'abort' of the operation. But that may lead to un-necessary leaks when the
user forgets to do either finalize/abort the operation. One way to get
around it is to ref the inode for some 'pre-determined time' when 'choice'
is given.
That suggests the design is not finalized ans the implementation ought to
have unwanted behaviors. IMO the test should be retired until the design
and implementation is completed.
I will work with Anuradha tomorrow about this one and either send a patch to remove the .t file or send the fix which makes things right.

Pranith