hi,
I want to understand how are you guys planning to integrate NSR volumes to the existing CLIs. Here are some thoughts I had, wanted to know your thoughts:
At the heart of both the replication/ec schemes we have
1) synchronization mechanisms
       a) afr,ec does it using locks
       b) nsr does it using leader election
2) Metadata to figure out the healing/reconciliation aspects
       a) afr,ec does it using xattrs
       b) nsr does it using journals

I want to understand if there is a possibility of exposing these as different modules that we can mix and match, using options. If the users choose 1b, 2b it becomes nsr and 1a, 2a becomes afr/ec. In future if we come up with better metadata journals/stores it should be easy to plug them is what I'm thinking. The idea I have is based on the workload, users should be able to decide which pair of synchronization/metadata works best for them (Or we can also recommend based on our tests). Wanted to seek your inputs.

Pranith