On 12/09/2015 10:39 AM, Prashanth Pai wrote:
However, I’d be even more comfortable with an even simpler approach that
avoids the need to solve what the database folks (who have dealt with
complex transactions for years) would tell us is a really hard problem.
Instead of designing for every case we can imagine, let’s design for the
cases that we know would be useful for improving performance.  Open plus
read/write plus close is an obvious one.  Raghavendra mentions
create+inodelk as well.