On 03/04/2016 05:47 PM, Bipin Kunal wrote:
HI Pranith,

Thanks for starting this mail thread.

Looking from a user perspective most important is to get a "good copy"
of data.  I agree that people use replication for HA but having stale
data with HA will not have any value.
So I will suggest to make auto quorum as default configuration even
for 2-way replication.

If user is willing to lose data at the cost of HA, he always have
option disable it. But default preference should be data and its
integrity.

That is the point. There is an illusion of choice between Data integrity and HA. But we are not *really* giving HA, are we? HA will be there only if second brick in the replica pair goes down. In your typical deployment, we can't really give any guarantees about what brick will go down when. So I am not sure if we can consider it as HA. But I would love to hear what others have to say about this as well. If majority of users say they need it to be auto, you will definitely see a patch :-).

Pranith

Thanks,
Bipin Kunal