On 08/28/2017 07:14 AM, Nigel Babu wrote:
Hello folks,

I spend some time today mucking about trying to figure out how to make our documentation search a better experience. The short answer is, search kind of works now.

Awesome! thank you.

Long answer: mkdocs creates a client side file which is used for search. RTD overrides this by referring people to Elasticsearch. However, that doesn't clear out stale entries and we're plagued with a whole lot of stale entries. I've made some changes that other consumers of RTD have done to override our search to use the JS file rather than Elasticsearch.

--
nigelb