On 11/03/16 17:50, Venkatesh Gopal wrote:
I have a Softlayer Endurance storage volume and have mounted it using NFS..

mount -t nfs4 -o hard,intr hostname.service.softlayer.com:/IBM01SEV330022_1 /mnt/slvol

[root@mycentostester1 ~]# gluster volume create test-volume transport tcp mycentostester1:/mnt/slvol/gvol

volume create: test-volume: failed: Glusterfs is not supported on brick: mycentostester1:/mnt/slvol/gvol.
Setting extended attributes failed, reason: Operation not supported.

[root@mycentostester1 ~]# gluster volume create test-volume mycentostester1:/mnt/slvol/gvol

volume create: test-volume: failed: Glusterfs is not supported on brick: mycentostester1:/mnt/slvol/gvol.
Setting extended attributes failed, reason: Operation not supported.

So, can we not create a gluster volume on a NFS mount point directory?

Hi Venkatesh,

One of the requirements for glusterfs volume is that backend need tot support extended attributes.
The nfs shares does not support xttars.
Is there any specfic reason to use nfs share as brick(glusterfs server)?

--
Jiffin

Venkatesh.

*Venkatesh Gopal*
*STSM, dashDB/Puffin Development, IBM Analytics*
*email  : gop...@us.ibm.com*
*Phone : 913-599-8721 (T/L 337-8721)*
*Mobile : 913-231-5907*