On 02/05/17 15:27, hvjunk wrote:
Good day,

I’m busy setting up/testing NFS-HA with GlusterFS storage across VMs running Debian 8.
GlusterFS volume to be "replica 3 arbiter 1"

In the NFS-ganesha information I’ve gleamed thus far, it mentions the "gluster
volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable”.

My first question is this: is that shared volume that gets created/setup,
suppose to be resilient across reboots?
  It appears to not be the case in my test setup thus far, that that mount
doesn’t get recreated/remounted after a reboot.

Following is the script which creates shared storage and mount it in the node, plus an entry will be added to /etc/fstab
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/extras/hook-scripts/set/post/S32gluster_enable_shared_storage.sh

But there is a possibility such that, if glusterd(I hope u have enabled enabled glusterd service) is not started before
systemd tries mount the shared storage then it will fail.

--
Jiffin

If the mount is not resilient, ie. not recreated/mounted by glusterfs and
neither added to the /etc/fstab by glusterfs, why the initial auto mount by
glusterfs and not afterwards with a reboot?

The biggest “issue” I have found with glusterfs is the interaction with SystemD
and mounts that fails and don’t get properly retried later (Will email
separately on that issue) during bootstrapping of the cluster, and that is why
I need to confirm the reasoning/etc. on this initial auto-mounting, but then
the need to manually add it into the /etc/fstab

Thank you
Hendrik