On 12/30/2014 09:45 AM, Riley Baird wrote:
> Is there any significant reason, other than the license, that gcc is
> better than clang? I really don't want to deviate too much from
> upstream, and as long as the license is free, I don't see a problem.
>
> If it's about the license, I can see that OpenBSD's, or Debian's
> decision of which compiler to use would be influential, and thus they
> should use gcc. But LibertyBSD is not likely to be influential, so I
> don't see the point in changing the default compiler.

If you were going to pick apart something because of the license, you probably
wouldn't be doing BSD in the first place. BSD licensing is horrible, and does
nothing to prevent antagonists from appropriating your code and not sharing
their changes with you.

Whilst I think that LibertyBSD is an interesting project, and possibly edifying
to its developers, it is like fishing ice cubes out of an ocean filled with
iceburgs, freedomwise.