I am presently trying to set up my GnuCash chart of accounts, and
trying to do a better job of organizing them than Quicken did ;-)

My question...I travel occasionally for business purposes, and any
expenses that I incur are reimbursed to me by the company. I may
receive a travel advance, or alternatively I am reimbursed after the
fact.

What are "business travel advance" and business expense reimbursement"
classified as? It is a form of "income" to me, in that money is
deposited into my account. However, it is not _truly_ an income (I did
not "earn" the money, not does it contribute to my net worth), and the
expenses are not _true_ expenses (I did not spend any money overall).
I am afraid that creating an income account  (like Business Expense
Reimbursement), and an expense account (like Business Expenses) will
end up creating a false record of what my income/expenses actually
are.

What is the appropriate way of dealing with these forms of expenses?
What accounts should be created to deal with them?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
-Bruce
--