On Dec 9, 2009, at 8:24 AM, Phil Longstaff wrote:

> I guess this is mostly for John Ralls who seems to be providing the 2.2.9
> native MacOSX builds.
>
> I just recently clued in that I am not doing anything to synchronize with you
> so that a native macosx build of 2.3.X could be uploaded to sourceforge along
> with the win32 build so that we would provide tarballs, win32 setup.exe and
> mac .dmg at the same time.  This assumes, of course, that mac 2.3.X builds
> are possible :)  How do you want to coordinate?  Shall I just send you an
> e-mail?  Do you have a daily svn build so that if 2.3.X is tagged, you can
> easily produce a .dmg?

I've actually got a 2.3.8 build built and ready to bundle for installation. I'm
holding off to get the PERLINC issue sorted out.

You told the list that you'd tagged 2.3.8 but didn't say when you were planning
to upload the tarballs and make an announcement. If you add that information
and give a few days lead time, I should be able to build the tagged revision
and bundle it up to meet the release date.

I don't do nightly builds, never mind nightly bundles. Derek wanted to set that
up on a VM somewhere, but we got distracted by other things and never got it
going. I suppose it would be a good idea for me to set it up locally so if
something breaks I'll see it without having to spend a lot of time bisecting to
find the problem.  (A nightly build wouldn't necessarily line up with a tagged
release, so it's just a QA check, not something that would save time for
bundling a release.)

Regards,
John Ralls