I have noticed that the order of the split lines in a split transaction
does not default to the same order as it does in in the old register
style of previous releases.  This is most noticeable in paycheck
transaction entries, but if I track purchase details at certain stores,
it appears there too.  While I did not like the old behavior, I had
managed to find a way to get the order to be consistently the same in
similar transactions.  Sometimes I even entered line numbers in the
Action fields so that I could detect when the order changed.
1.  Will I need to resort to doing that regularly to get otherwise
seemingly random entries to a consistent order?
2.  What if I am entering a stock transaction where I need the Action to
be an Action, then how would I force a certain order that is not based
on a simple sort?
3.  What is the default split line order in release 2.5.3?
4.  How can I force it to match the old behavior?

David C