On 12/5/2013 5:51 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Monday 02 December 2013 08:45:32 John Ralls wrote:
>> On Dec 2, 2013, at 7:52 AM, Ted Baker <t...@eb-analytics.com> wrote:
>>>   Good Morning to the group;
>>>
>>>   When using versions GnuCash 2.5.8 and GnuCash 2.5.9 I am unable to
>>>   enter new transactions via the general ledger. The dollar amount
>>>   entered in either the "Funds In" or "Funds Out" column disappear
>>>   when I proceed to the next line in the split. I can enter the
>>>   transaction but it is saved without any data for funds in or out.
>>>
>>>   Transactions entered through individual account register show up
>>>   okay
>>>   in the general ledger. And I can edit an existing transaction via
>>>   the
>>>   general ledger; just can't create a new transaction.
>>>
>>>   This error occurs when using the SQLite3 back end as well as with
>>>   the
>>>   XML back end.
>>>
>>>   Currently testing Windows Vista and gnuCash 2.5.9.
>>>
>>>   Anybody else experiencing the same issue?
>> Yup, I see it on OSX as well.
> I don't see this on Fedora 19 with the latest trunk. So either it has been
> fixed between 2.5.9
> and trunk, or it's a platform dependent issue.
>> Another new issue with 2.5.9: The Tip of the Day preference isn't
>> getting saved, so the dialog displays at every startup.
>>
> I don't see this either. I can toggle the preference (both on the dialog
> window or in the general
> preferences) and it is respected at startup.
>
> Geert

I just tried this in the nightly build of Windows 2.5.9 dated 12/04 in a
Windows XP 32 bit environment.  The keystroke sequence was slightly
different.  I opened the general ledger and, while sitting in the blank
transaction at the bottom of the window I started to enter a
description.  Once I had some text in the description field I pressed
tab.  The results were not always the same.  The first time I got an
error <Glib-ERROR (recursed)**: gmem.c239: failed to allocate 88 bytes
aborting...>. GnuCash crashed. The third time, when I was trying to
verify what actual keystrokes triggered the error I did not get the
error, but GnuCash created a new transaction with an orphan category.  I
will need to do more testing to get to the bottom of this.

David C