On Apr 27, 2014, at 2:01 PM, Mike Alexander <m...@umich.edu> wrote:

> --On April 27, 2014 10:06:24 PM +0200 Christian Stimming
> <christ...@cstimming.de> wrote:
>
>> Can we please trigger the switch from C to C++ by renaming the files,
>> one by  one? This makes it clear which files have to adhere to C++
>> rules and which  ones don't have to. Thanks!
>
> I agree with this.  Compiling C files as C++ causes problems in configure
> too.  It tries to use the C compiler arguments for C++ programs.  In the
> changes I just pushed, I put a kluge into configure.ac to get around this,
> but it isn't very pretty.

OK, and I agree about the configure issues.

My intention was to change the suffix as I rewrote each file into proper C++,
but given Christian’s and your concerns, I’ll rename all of the files in libqof
as soon as I finish fixing up the Windows build.

However, I don’t think changing files one by one is wise: It will result in
libraries with objects compiled with different compilers, and I worry that that
will introduce difficult to understand bugs. That’s not a matter for immediate
concern, though, as I expect libqof will consume several months before I’ll
start on another directory.

Regards,
John Ralls