Thanks for those references.  I also found that by using 'File Manager" I
found that Gnucash Android has created
/storage/emulated/0/org.gnucash.android/backups and .../exports to keep
those in resp. so now I can find those.
I do not see a way to keep multiple data files, which would be nice for
testing some features as well as general use.

I also noticed in the read me in one place it states that it can import
gnucash desktop accounts and transactions but I have not found a way to
import transactions from xml or the qif import that was referenced
somewhere.  Those features must be coming soon.