Geert and Frank,

I understand that these aspects of software development are clear and easy for
you; suffice to say they are not for me. I do not wish to start any long
discussion about the mechanisms for implementing changes to GnuCash’s code and
documentation; they have been hashed out many times before. My position has
been that I am first and foremost a skilled editor; my abilities in the use of
programming tools are epic in their limitations. The use of such tools for the
documetation has been and continues to be a significant impediment to my
contributing to the improvement of the docs.

Regardless, I have been under the impression (propagated on the user list
regularly) that changes should be submitted to BugZilla so that they can be
tracked and followed through. I was suggesting that presenting the bug fix
solely through git-whatever represents a change in update procedures, and I
wanted to know whether *that* is going to be the preferred method in the
future.

David