Op zaterdag 28 januari 2017 15:26:29 CET schreef David T. via gnucash-devel:
> Hello,
>
> In working on Bug 777318, I noticed some small issues with the
> recently-added glossary (which is all my creation).
>
> First, I noticed that it lacks the appropriate section name (“gnc-gloss”).
>
> Next, I noticed that the file lacks a chapter tag.
>
> Third, I noticed that 1.3 About This Book in the Overview chapter does not
> include a reference to the glossary.
>
> I discovered these in reverse order. First, I noticed that the glossary
> wasn’t in the overview, so I added the reference there, and received errors
> from xmllint.
>
> Then I looked at the glossary file to add the id to a section heading, but
> then noticed the lack of a chapter tag.
>
> The question is: does the glossary have to have a chapter tag? The Guide
> compiles cleanly without it, but I wonder whether there will be a problem
> later. Moreover, without the chapter tag, I’m not sure where the section
> name should be inserted. Would I add it directly to the glossary tag that
> is already there?

A chapter tag is not required IMO.

If you want to add a reference from the overview page to the glossary, you can
add the "gnc-gloss" id directly to the glossary tag in your glossary file like
so:
<glossary id="gnc-gloss">

From then on you can make an xref from anywhere to "gnc-gloss" like so:
<xref linkend="gnc-gloss"></xref>

Feel free to add some more text around this in the overview page to make it
more appealing. That chapter has several other examples of xref's.

Geert