On vrijdag 24 maart 2017 00:21:47 CET John Ralls wrote:
> We removed the 'trunk' branch from the GnuCash repository today. It was
> equivalent to 'master' and retained as a holdover from subversion, from
> which we'd converted to Git 3 years ago.
>
> Until today code.gnucash.org's refs/HEADS pointed to refs/heads/trunk.
> Github's has pointed to refs/heads/master almost since the conversion, so
> the following applies only to the few devs who have cloned directly from
> code: To reset refs/HEAD in your local repo, run git set-head origin -a
> If you have a tracking branch pointed at trunk you'll need to change it with
> git branch -u origin/master <branchname>
> where <branchname> is the name of your tracking branch.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

In addition to the suggestions John has made above, it may also be interesting
to run
git fetch --all -p
in each of your local repositories. This will also remove any references to
the upstream trunk branch from each of those. Contrary to the above, this is
useful for everybody, regardless of whether you have commit access or not.

Regards,

Geert