On 21/04/2017 19:21, John Ralls wrote:
> Alex,
>

> Looks like autotools picked the wrong compiler for a C++ object. See
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6045809/link-error-undefined-reference-to-gxx-personality-v0-and-g.
>  Geert and I have both switched to cmake & ninja-build; there's no issue
> there so it might be a typo in that directory's Makefile.am.
>
> On the other hand Geert just merged his C++ rewrite of
> src/import-export/imp-csv, so if you have installed libs that are getting
> linked in that could cause the error too.

I've had intermittent difficulty with builds too recently but haven't
said anything because I'm not building gnc for any particular purpose.

I have noticed the cmake / ninja combo has been mentioned more than one
recently here.

Should others that build-because-we-do-it-anyway be switching and is
there a suggested "start reading here" ref you could suggest?

I'm building on Ubuntu LTS if it matters ... and it shouldn't really
matter as I'm just building to keep in touch.

--
Wm