> On May 15, 2018, at 8:41 AM, Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 14, 2018 11:10 pm, John Ralls wrote:
>
> I think I can do that.  I suppose that means I need to look up the
> category and determine who is the pseudo-user that each category.  Should
> I add the current assignee and QA contact to the CC list if they aren't on
> it?  Or not worry about it?
>
> Does this really matter for bugs that are closed?
>
> Honestly I'm not completely sure how the pseudo-users work.  How does the
> email for those users get out to everyone?  Right now I think they are
> just being entered in as a "normal" user.

Derek,

No, it probably doesn't matter for closed bugs.

The pseudo-users are just fake user ids. The mail is forwarded using the "User
Watching" feature on
https://bugzilla.gnucash.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email.

It occurs to me that as long as the pseudo-user is in the CC list and its mail
prefs are set correctly the email watching will work and we can use the
"assigned" value for its intended purpose. I'm not sure that the QA contact has
an intended purpose for us.

Regards,
John Ralls