Op maandag 6 augustus 2018 11:35:43 CEST schreef c.holterm...@gmx.de:
> Then you speak of c++ GncNumeric. As I understand you are moving the
> source
> from c to c++. So the python bindings need to reflect that. That sounds
> like
> another piece of work. Is there imminent need for change there ? Chances
> of
> breaking changes ?

We're indeed converting the internals of gnucash (that part we refer to as
"libgnucash" among developers) to c++. As long as parts of gnucash as a whole
still depend on the c interface that will continue to exist as a wrapper
around the c++ code. So the C interface will probably still be around for a
couple of years. So there is still quite some time available to port the
python bindings.

I suggested this as an interesting project in my previous mail. Thinking about
this some more it probably only makes sense when all of the objects that are
being wrapped are converted to C++. I guess the wrapper would otherwise have
to wrap both the C and the C++ interface to provide full functionality, which
sounds a bit awkward.

A first experiment to get an idea of what to expect on the other hand may
still be useful.

Regards,

Geert