Hi,

I have attached a patch file with changes to
gnucash/import-export/import-main-matcher.c and
gnucash/gtkbuilder/dialog-import.glade for adding multiple selection
capability to the import-matcher with the ability to assign a single
transfer
 account to the selected transactions.

Transactions can be selected by any combination of Ctrl-click , Shift -click
and click and mouse drag. Using either a Right click on the importer or the
Shift-F10 GTK Popup menu shortcut will bring up a popupmenu with a single
entry "Assign a transfer account". Clicking on that initiates selecting a
transfer account and then assigning it to all transactions in the selection.

Control is the returned to the import matcherwhere another group of
transactions can be selected and the process repaeted until all transactions
have a transfer account applied. Clicking OK will then import the
transactions as usual.

The orignial double-click to input a transfer account for a single
transaction is unaffectedby the above changes.  I have tested the above
changes with "File->Import->Import OFX/QFX". and they work fine.  They
should also apply to any of the transaction import formats as they were
changes only to the import-main-matcher which seems to be common to the
other formats

I was looking for an appropriate point to modify the documentation, but I
could not find a section on the importing of transactions from files in
either the Tutorial and Concepts Guide or the Help Manual. Chapter 6 of the
Help Manual on Common Transaction operations would seem to me to be a
logical point to document importing transactions from OFX/QFX or CSV files,
for example either before or after 6.15 Online Actions.
e.g.
6.16 Importing Transactions from Files followed by
6.17  General Journal.

Unless the documentation team has another suggestion or already has work in
progress on this, I am willing to have a go at producing some documentation
of the importing of transactions from files.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens
--