> On Sep 20, 2018, at 5:46 AM, David Cousens <davidcous...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>

> I'll set the examples up to default to a /home/user/.local install and then
> perhaps
> add an extra section on installing for all users and the various options
> there and
> the need for administrator privileges. Most Linux users do get used to that
> pretty
> quickly

If the target is going to be casual builders, should the recommendation instead
include in the recipe the commands to package the app first and then install
via the system package manager? That would seem a cleaner approach and remove
the need for retaining build directories for removal, having to probably
revisit the wiki to figure out how to uninstall just use their regular package
manager to handle it.

Regards,
Adrien