Hello,

as someone who is regularly using gnucash and now and then contributing
a bit I can just say: welcome and go ahead ! Thank you for your interest
in the project and collaboration !

regards,

Christoph Holtermann

Am 2018-12-17 10:46, schrieb Rob Laan:
Hi,

I’d like to contribute to the GnuCash project, starting with the
documentation. Is there someone coordinating the documentation effort?

My intention is to start with an update of chapter 18 Importing
Business Data, of the Concepts en Tutorial Guide.

Some background on myself: I started using GnuCash just a few months
ago, for some very simple accounting, so I’m definitely not an
experienced GnuCash user. But I understand accounting quite well, and
I have 15+ years of experience in implementation and maintenance of
the financial and logistic modules of a large ERP system (SAP), doing
business analysis, system configuration and documentation, development
specification, testing and debugging, and user training. I.e. I know
finance processes in IT systems. I am not a trained or experienced
developer, but I can read an debug code.

I am using GnuCash 3.3. on OS X High Sierra. I have cloned the git
repositories for the program and the documentation. I have compiled
the program using Xcode as IDE, and I have compiled the documentation
to html. I think I have read most of the stuff on ‘contributing to
documentation’ on gnucash.org <http://gnucash.org/> and the wiki, and
I did some self training on git and DocBook (which are new to me).

Regards,

Rob Laan