David,

The feature is not intended to work with all TXF Categories (for example,
expenses:Charity).

It is intended for things like Interest and Dividends where you may have,
say dividends, credited to a sub-account of the brokerage (e.g., the
security sub-account, say, IBM) but Schedule B wants the total dividends
shown by the parent not the payer (e.g., the broker, say, Morgan Stanley
who sends you your 1099-DIV). This allows the report to collect these all
together for you. (For it to work properly, all the sub-accounts need to be
directly under the parent, as is pointed out in the documentation, I
believe).

Check under Income with Dividends to see if it not greyed out.

Regards,

Alex