at the risk of appearing to be an imperialist, what is "book currency" ?

I think of "home currency" as whatever currency most people close to you (the reader) use to buy and sell ordinary stuff like carbohydrate staples (rice, bread, etc) and water

in the UK that is GBP, in the USA it is USD, in most of Europe it is EUR, in other places, depending on government, it might be something else.

my point is, unless your government is failing, you should be able to use the same currency for your home currency and your bookkeeping.

presuming I haven't gone insane yet, does anyone know what a "book currency" is?

If someone really wanted to run a set of accounts in another currency gnc isn't stopping them, the underlying transaction stream works perfectly regardless.

Curious minds, etc.
--
Wm