A brief update from my side, as well. I've spent a few hours adding code to
my export library and CSV generator.
At first, I've exported the tranfers and that seemed to have gone well.
However, as in my test file I had at least four different currencies, I
switched back to simple transactions. Importing withdrawal transactions with
one split each works as expected.

I'm using the following format for export:
f"{date},{description},{deposit},{withdrawal},{account},{transfer_account}"

Next on my to-do list are multi-split transactions, and multi-currency
transfers. I see that David is making more progress, which is great.
I've also added some basic info to
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/CSV_Import/Export.

--
Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html