On 04/07/2018 03:34, John Ralls wrote:

I think it was Alex that said:

Today, in file->properties->Accounts tab, you can turn "trading accounts"
on or off.

At your peril. As far as I can tell they're either on or off, switching breaks stuff.

I propose to change this to a selection of three alternatives:
use trading accounts, specify a 'book currency', or neither trading
accounts nor book currency.

The practical and the theory aren't going to mix well.

If trading accounts is selected, it would work
as implemented by Mike. If neither is selected, it would work as gnucash
does now without trading accounts selected. So no one would be forced to
use the new feature.

Yes.

--
Wm