On Samstag, 30. Januar 2021 05:11:44 CET John Ralls wrote:

> > On Jan 29, 2021, at 4:11 PM, Bob White <whit...@me.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, John,
> >

> >> Not mentioned in your emails is the response from USAA: A webpage
> >> reporting a server error instead of the usual 50x HTTP response code.
> >
> > I do see a 400 in the Online Banking Transaction Window when attempting to
> > download transactions in GNC:
> >
> > AqBanking v6.2.5.0stable
> > Sending jobs to the bank(s)
> > Sorting commands by account
> > Sorting commands by account
> > Sorting commands by provider
> > Send commands to providers
> > Send commands to provider "aqofxconnect"
> > Locking customer "4563"
> > Sending request...
> > Connecting to server...
> > Resolving hostname "df3cx-services.1fsapi.com" ...
> > IP address is "45.60.151.211"
> > Connecting to "df3cx-services.1fsapi.com"
> > Connected to "df3cx-services.1fsapi.com"
> > Using GnuTLS default ciphers.
> > TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.3:ECDHE-RSA-AES-128-GCM:AEAD
> > Connected.
> > Sending message...
> > Message sent.
> > Waiting for response...
> > Receiving response...
> > HTTP-Status: 400 (Bad Request)
> > Unlocking customer "4563"
> >

> >> Also not mentioned in your emails: I suppose that you were able to
> >> download your transactions successfully with Quicken. Do you think you
> >> could install Wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/#download) and collect
> >> what Quicken is sending?
> >
> > It's been a while since I used Wireshark, but I did install install it.
> > Everything captured is encrypted.  I've never decrypted TLS in  Wireshark
> > before.  Is there a tutorial available that doesn't require the use of
> > Chrome or Netscape so I can capture while using the Quicken app?
> >
> > If not, I guess I could try the Quicken Web interface via Chrome or
> > Netscape and capture things that way.
>
> Dang, I didn't think of encryption. I don't know how to do that, and since
> Quicken
>
> The Quicken web interface is I think different from OFX Direct Connect. If
> it's OFX Web Connect then it handles authentication differently and that's
> probably at least part of the problem.
>
> I found a quicken community discussion that suggests that Quicken for Windows
> used IE to connect, so I'd imagine that Quicken for Mac would use WebKit. I
> don't know if Apple's installed WebKit uses openssl, but it might, in which
> case it might be possible to get a key log for the Quicken session. Total
> speculation, I've never done anything remotely like this.

You cannot do that without breaking the security. Wireshark can decrypt the
traffic, but you need the private key of the server certificate (and I doubt
that you will be able to get a hold of it).

The other method is to use a proxy that intercepts the traffic (mitm). Tools
like ZAP (https://owasp.org/www-project-zap/) or the Burp Suite
(https://portswigger.net/burp) would be something to look into. Be warned: if
you don't clean up after you're done, using these methods may leave a security
hole on your system!

Other than that, I am also interested in your findings as this problem also
applies to other applications using AqBanking/LibOFX.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

morphir: so much confusion :S kmake, kdemake, qmake make cmake etc.
logixoul: you forgot cmakekde :)
morphir: and bakemeacake