I'm running GunCash 4.8 on Linux.  I have an investment account with
E-Trade.  They provide QFX files for importing data into Quicken/Gnucash
and I've used those files in the past.  They only keep 90 days worth
available and I got behind and missed a lot of months.  I used another 3rd
party program to convert CSV data to OFX format and was able to get the
missing data into Gnucash.  But now I'm caught up and am trying to use the
E-Trade supplied files again, but I'm having trouble getting it to pull in
all the transactions from the QFX.

I've researched this quite a bit already.  I've saved the data file as
uncompressed XML and I've gone in and removed everything I think is related
to the import for the main E-Trade account and all of its individual stock
subaccounts including the "import-match-bayes" slots.  I've made sure that
the commodity entries have the same unique identifier and name as reflected
in the QFX file.

What happens when I try to import is:
1) It asks me for the currency commodity to use for the import and I tell
it to use USD.
2) It asks me what Gnucash account to associate with this import and I
point it to my E-Trade main account.
3) It asks me for the account to use for the sweep transaction (interest).
4) It then shows the matcher with just a single transaction for the
interest received and that's it.
5) It imports that single transaction.

But in the QFX file there are 3 or 4 dividend reinvestment transactions and
it just seems to completely ignore those and doesn't import them or
complain about them.

I was expecting it to ask me about each security in the QFX file and which
Gnucash account to use for that security as well as which income account to
use for them, but it didn't

I have no problem editing the file either manually or through some
automation I create, but I just can't figure out what it is I need to
modify to basically clean this out.  I understand the structure of the
file, but there is obviously some relationship I'm not seeing.

So I guess only the developers can tell me what entires get created when
importing a QFX/OFX for the first time.  What would I expect to see changed
in the XML data file if I import a QFX for the first time with one
transaction on one security?