Hi,

On 5/8/2023 5:09 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
Steve,

On Mon, May 8, 2023 4:59 pm, Steve Brown wrote:
Hi Derek,

On 5/8/2023 4:27 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
HI,

On Mon, May 8, 2023 4:16 pm, Steve Brown wrote:
Hi Derek,

On 5/8/2023 3:49 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
Steve,

On Mon, May 8, 2023 3:36 pm, Steve Brown wrote:
There is currently code to find both by ID in gncIDSearch.

Is there a simple way to search by name other than cloning the ID
search code and changing ID to name?
You can Find by Company Name, Customer ID, Billing Contact, or
Shipping
Contact.  Which "Name" are you wanting to search for?
I want to retrieve the vendor by VENDOR_NAME and customer by
CUSTOMER_NAME in order to get their ID.

I'm converting Quickbook transactions and need to create invoices and
bills. For that I need customer and vendor ID's but only have the names
in the transaction file.
There is already code to search for the CUSTOMER_NAME, at least the
standard Business -> Customer -> Find Customer dialog.  Just select
"Company Name" and it will search on the CUSTOMER_NAME field.  So just
use
the drop-down to select "Company Name" and you'll search on what you
want.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm using the Python bindings, not the gui. I'm
looking for something analogous to book.BillLookupByID() and
book.InvoiceLookupByID for name.
AHA!!!  Yes, you should have been more clear up front.
I suspect that you will need to copy + modify the code to add that API

That's what I thought.

Would you consider a PR when I'm finished?

Steve